October 27, 2016

Kylie Verzosa was crowned 2016 Miss International


Miss Philippines Kylie Verzosa was crowned 2016 Miss International in the coronation held at Tokyo Dome City Hall in Tokyo, Japan on Thursday. 

Versoza is the sixth Miss International crown for the Philippines.

Winners are the following : 

4th Runner up – Miss USA
3rd Runner up – Miss Nicaragua
2nd runner up – Miss Indonesia
1st runner up – Miss Australia

"If I become Miss International 2016, I will devote myself to cultural understanding and international understanding because I believe that it is in developing in each of us sensitivity to other cultures that we expand our horizons, tolerate difference and appreciate diversity," she said in her speech after the announcement of the top 15 finalists. 


Verzosa thanked all those who joined her in her journey.
"I cannot believe this moment right now, and I am ecstatic and happy. Thank you so much to my family, to the Philippines, to everyone who supported me. I did not go through this journey alone, but I had a lot of help from the people who love me. I deeply appreciate this. This moment has only happened in my dreams. Thank you so much, Japan. Thank you, Miss International," she said.

Aside from the big winners, other contestants also received special awards:

Miss International ASIA - Hong Kong
Miss International EUROPE - Netherlands
Miss International AMERICA - Ecuador
Miss International AFRICA - Sierra Leone
Miss International OCEANIA - Hawaii

Top 15 were: 

Finland
Mexico
Japan
El Salvador
Canada
Dominican Republic
Argentina
Russia
Thailand
Poland

Special Awards : 

National costume   -   Miss Nicaragua 
Miss Best Dresser   -  Miss Indonesia
Miss Perfect Body -   Miss Moldova



Binibining Pilipinas took to Facebook to congratulate Verzosa.

"Congratulations to the new Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa, besting over 69 other candidates in the pageant held in Tokyo, Japan. Your journey of finding true beauty and strength is an inspiration to every Filipina; and your advocacy is a shining example of selflessness and true humanity that many should emulate. BPCI is proud to have supported you every step of the way."

Here’s a full text of Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa
"Three things come to mind when I think of Miss International – Culture, education and international understanding. These three works together to make the brand of the Miss International beauty pageant relevant to the global community and to our time.
If I become Miss International 2016, I will devote myself to cultural understanding and international understanding because I believe that it is with developing in each of us sensitivity to other cultures that we expand our horizons, tolerate difference, and appreciate diversity. 
All these enable us to achieve international understanding. And I believe I'm prepared to take on this responsibility. 
Domo arigatou gozaimasu."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world