July 5, 2012

Katy Perry on the cover of Parade Magazine July Issue: She Celebrates her Imperfect Independence



Katy Perry has been everywhere lately promoting her new movie Part Of Me, celebrates her imperfect independence and now her  purple hair are appearing on the cover of Parade Magazine
Katy Perry on the red carpet for her premiere of her film "Part of Me" in Los Angeles.
Dressed to outdo her personalized pink carpet in a spectacular deep red velvet gown, Katy showed up for the premiere of her new docu-film Katy Perry: Part of Me in L.A. looking like a page out of a glossy glamour magazine.

The "Fireworks" singer showed off her her patriotic theme comes from her celebration of her own independence after her movie has released and her new found outlook on life after her split from Russell Brand.
Check out snippets from the interview below.
On why her breakup needed to be acknowledged in the film:
“I think if people walked out of the theater and that was completely avoided, they would be like, ‘Well, there’s an elephant in the room that’s still there.’ I like to go out there looking like a strong woman, because I am strong. But I am also a woman who goes through all kinds of problems and highs and lows. I wanted to show the complete spectrum.”
Perry’s musical collaborator Bonnie McKee says:
“When we wrote ‘Teenage Dream,’ it was really about your first love and how magical that is. I think Russell made her feel that way again, and she felt she had found the person she was going to spend the rest of her life with. And when that didn’t turn out to be what she’d hoped, it kind of made sense to talk about waking up.”
On working the ups and downs of her life into her music:
“With songs, I’ve always pledged to be honest. I write my songs because I’ve lived them.”
On the behind-the-scenes moments in her 3-D concert film Katy Perry: Part of Me:
“There are a lot of things that are personally uncomfortable to show, especially me without makeup and completely bloated or crying. But I’ve realized that it’s time for me to show my audience that you don’t have to be perfect to achieve your dreams. Because nobody relates to being perfect. … I’m okay with having bad dance moves. I’m okay with having horrible lower teeth. That’s what makes me me, and for some reason it’s worked out all right.”
Katy gives us her thoughts on President Obama’s support of same-sex marriage, saying:
“I was really happy; I probably went down to West Hollywood and had a shot. I came from a different mind-set growing up, and my mind has changed. My viewpoint on all these things—equality for women, the choice to love anyone you want—hopefully, we will look back at this moment and think like we do now concerning [other] civil rights issues. We’ll just shake our heads in disbelief, saying, ‘Thank God we’ve evolved.’ That would be my prayer for the future.”
Katy shares her appreciation for being a bred American, saying:
“Not to sound overly cheesy but I really appreciate the freedom we have in America—especially as a female.”
Check out the behind the scenes look of the photo shoot with Parade below.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world