June 11, 2012

Icons at the Arena: Masters of OPM on June 16


I love music, I love songs full of life and love. My favorites songs, inspired me with the words and music specially created and sang by Original Pilipino Music masters and great singers.

I’m glad that there will be an amazing and  historic event about to unfold on June 16 , (Saturday), 8 PM at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. The biggest names in the Philippine music industry come together in a once-in-a-lifetime one-night grand concert titled “Icons at the Arena: Masters of OPM” to launch the  The Mall of Asia Arena and celebrate the greatness and ingenuity of Original Pilipino Music (OPM). With it a world-class performance that is set to break boundaries, featuring Icons of past and present generations.

Featuring the biggest names in the Philippine music industry, this once-in-a-lifetime concert will feature world-class artists from various generations include Lea Salonga, Gary Valenciano, Martin Nievera, Jose Mari Chan, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Basil Valdez, Freddie Aguilar, Christian Bautista, Erik Santos, Juris, Jed Madela, Piolo Pascual, Bamboo, Arnel Pineda, and The Company.

“Icons at the Mall of Asia Arena" will be hosted by Jim Paredes and Pops Fernandez and will be graced by comic TV personalities Pokwang, Jose Manalo and Wally Bayola.
Staged by ABS-CBN's Star events, "Icons at the Arena: Master of OPM" with Johnny Manahan as director and Ryan Cayabyab as musical director.

In the world of music there are many great Filipino singers. I love OPM and I'd love to watch the concert. I really hope to witness history unfold and feel the wonderful night of great music. That is always my dream.


I really like Lea Salonga because she is a great singer, with her powerful voice and distinct sound. I first knew her as a ten-year-old girl singing “I Am But A Small Voice” in 1981. And I continue watching her in many shows and listening to her songs. I admire her and proud of her. Lea did something more than making Filipinos proud. The first Filipina ever to win the prestigious Tony Award for her role as Kim in the Broadway Musical "Miss Saigon.”






I love Gary V too! I wish to see him personal! I want to see him in performances live! Gary V,  musician, composer, actor, producer, and gospel singer who is best known for many songs, especially those that became theme songs for movies. His energetic dance moves also garnered him the nickname "Mr. Pure Energy."

Gary V has released  great albums and won the Awit Awards for "Best Male Performer" eleven times. In 1998, he became UNICEF Philippines first National Ambassador. Gary V continues to make music that's both meaningful and relevant to the times. I love his music, especially inspirational songs.




If you also want to watch the Icons at the Mall of Asia Arena -- the Mall of Asia Arena Grand launch, please visit www.smtickets.com or call (02) 470-2222 for the purchase of tickets.




4 comments:

dms27 said...

Wow this will be a GREAT night of MUSIC!!! A must see Concert.... It'll surely take your breathe away!

chrisair said...

another great event thanks

redamethyst said...

wow! watching this would be a great experience, parang all in one concert ito.

Jackeline Salva Cagas-Paraiso said...

i think this is a very interesting event. hopefully it will be simulcasted in any network (for those from outside GMA like me) for a chance for us to witness them :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world