April 29, 2012

Mike Chan releases latest album


Mike Chan released his self-titled second full-length solo album under Heroes Records and Star Records yesterday at Tiendesitas, in Pasig City. His last effort, Dragona, the prequel to this album, reached as high as No. 4 on local sales charts. The rocker believes that this album could be his breakthrough work as a solo artist, and he credits his strong love for learning and making music as his source of inspiration for this album.

“In many ways I actually think of this as my first solo album,” says Mike. “This is the first time I’ve actually produced, written, co-wrote and personally had a hand in every song that went into the album. It took me a long time to get to this point and the journey getting here has been long and difficult most times. The funny thing is though...I loved every minute of it.”

Although a mainstay in the local music scene for four years now, Mike says his passion for making music has not waned despite the difficult and fickle nature of the music business.

Mike, who belongs to a prominent Chinese clan, acknowledges that hard work is a must to get somewhere in this business.


“The thing is” , shares Mike, “thanks to my parents I’ve had a pretty life. Doors were opened to me thanks to my family’s reputation and the education my parents paid for ensured that I would never be found wanting intellectually. In short, throughout most of my life I’ve had every advantage money can buy.”

“Success in the music industry however, is not something you can purchase or guarantee thru family connections,” Mike acknowledges. Which is why the singer is encouraging his followers to find their true passions in life. “If you have to work hard for something it might well be for something that you love doing. Life is too short and precious to settle just as opposed to really living!”

Mike hopes that his listeners will understand the real message behind this album. “This is not just about the songs in the disc. It’s about the passion and determination that went into the making and the production of these songs. It’s about believing in yourself and knowing that you are responsible for your own success or failure in life. It’s about creating your own luck and never giving up.”

Mike Chan performs at Tiendesitas every Tuesday until June, and at various SM Supermalls starting May 7 for his album promo tour. Mike Chan The Album is presented by My Phone, DJM Music, Shimmian Surgicenter Manila, Eventus Advertising, Game Club and Epipes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this information about Mike Chan for his releasing latest album and many Filipinos loves to hear it.

Greg | Latest Celebrity News

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world