October 13, 2011

Francis Magalona's Kaleidoscope World

I miss Francis Magalona. I love the actor, the host, the voice, the dance, the rap, the songs,  the face and compositions. The king of Filipino master rapper may have pass but his music will never die.






Francis Michael Durango Magalona (October 4, 1964 – March 6, 2009), also known as FrancisM, Master Rapper, MC The Mouth and The Man From Manila, was a Filipino rapper, entrepreneur, songwriter, producer, actor, director, and photographer. He was the first Filipino rapper in the Philippines to cross over to the mainstream. He was credited for having pioneered the merging of rap with Pinoy rock, becoming a significant influence to artists in that genre as well. He was also a television host on MTV Asia and Channel V Philippines and on noontime variety television show Eat Bulaga! Magalona died seven months after being diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia.

Magalona was later awarded a posthumous Presidential Medal of Merit. The award's citation noted that it had been given “for his musical and artistic brilliance, his deep faith in the Filipino and his sense of national pride that continue to inspire us.”

Francis Magalona Foundation Benefit Show : by the Magalona Family

The kaleidoscope world lyrics :


So many faces, so many races
Different voices, different choices
Some are mad, while others laugh
Some live alone with no better half
Others grieve while others curse
And others mourn behind a big black hearse
Some are pure and some half-bred
Some are sober and some are wasted
Some are rich because of fate and
Some are poor with no food on their plate
Some stand out while others blend
Some are fat and stout while some are thin
Some are friends and some are foes
Some have some while some have most

Every color and every hue
Is represented by me and you
Take a slide in the slope
Take a look in the kaleidoscope
Spinnin' round, make it twirl
In this kaleidoscope world

Some are great and some are few
Others lie while some tell the truth
Some say poems and some do sing
Others sing through their guitar strings
Some know it all while some act dumb
Let the bassline strum to the bang of the drum
Some can swim while some will sink
And some will find their minds and think
Others walk while others run
You can't talk peace and have a gun
Some are hurt and start to cry
Don't ask me how don't ask me why
Some are friends and some are foes
Some have some while some have most

Every color and every hue
Is represented by me and you
Take a slide in the slope
Take a look in the kaleidoscope
Spinnin' round, make it twirl
In this kaleidoscope world





13 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched the last eheads concert where they did a tribute ;) I love Francis M even way back his Kababayan days

Journeys and Travels said...

I have had been a fan of his music and his passing has only made his legacy more felt. thanks for this

Gil Camporazo said...

Francis M is an Ilonggo and Negrosanon. I was shocked upon knowing that he died of leukemia from a TV news. You know what I did I research all his works, all his songs and listen to all of them. What a loss in the field of Philippine music especially style of Filipino rap. Since, he was not yet known as a rapper, I already admired his acting prowess, his humor. Miss you Francis M.

See what's latest in my post: RandomThoughts!

Sining Factory said...

Francis M is the best. Im a fan. I felt sad when he left us. Kiko is truly an artist, from music, television at photography. Sayang! Tsk.

chrisair said...

I love Francis M, contrary to many beliefs, he actually help other artist to shine and build them up, hat's off also to him because he started the patriotic trend by creating shirts dedicated to Filipinos, even foreigner are grabbing it now

Shirgie Scf said...

One of my favorite Francis M songs..who can forget this song?..it has really a wonderful message.

sionee said...

I love Francis M! gustong gusto ko pati etong kanta nyang to! parang ma LSS ako neto naman..
Thanks for sharing! :)

Ian Onyot said...

Love the song....Grabeh..love the son...ay... :)

Ivan Saldajeno said...

We miss you Francis M.!

c5 @ battlingasthma.info said...

Francis M was one of a kind. His rap was not irritating to listen to. It was because of him that made me listen to rap.

Cha said...

I so love kaleidoscope world and Francis M. Nakaka miss waaa! He's very talented! I hope his kids would be able to match their dad's talent!

Happy New Year!
Greetings from:
http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/

Ion Gonzaga said...

this is one of my favorite classic slow-rap from FrancisM... it just depicts life the way we should take it.

thanks for reminding me

isp101 said...

We used to sing this song during lunch breaks in our school gym with my friends, when I was still in High School. It's been a long time, and I still can't believe that the Master Rapper is gone! Although, Gloc 9 and Andrew E. are still in the Industry, no one can really compare the distinct characteristic of Francis M. Isa siyang makabayang pilipino! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world