July 3, 2011

Post Reunion Random Thoughts

As far as I remember , after graduating from high school , I haven’t seen many of my classmates and batchmates for 30 years, except of course for some  who became my college class/schoolmates. But then even they, after college, we separated ways.

At first I thought reunions of good old friends here in today’s social network sites  like facebook , friendster (!) is fine enough. But I decided to come to this reunion in January , with excitement, and curiosity. It’s not a very formal reunion anyway. Just a get together sort of our batch.  I was excited to see my old friends, my classmates, clubmates , bandmates  and all.  Curious to see familiar faces and see how they all  have turned out after so many years! I have a good memory of people and events. I am a nostalgic sort of a person. It’s so fun to reminisce things over and over again! Sometimes I think I’m stuck in my childhood.  I think a part of me never grew up.
  
The night was so good, the organizers did a great job. Some of our teachers also showed up. There was a buffet dinner, cocktails, a video presentation of old pictures, a very lively program , games, great speeches. There was also a silent moment of prayer while pictures of  batchmates who died are being shown.

Picture takings are  everywhere as some do  table hopping to greet batchmates of familiar faces. It’s a joy to recognize people immediately and see they looked better than before. Even more joyful when they recognized you at once and tell you haven’t change a bit !  My closest friends’ private joke was , “Oh my, so I looked this matured 30 years back then!! Ha ha ha.”

After the program, and more picture takings, music of 80’s were played and people danced as if they were on their JS prom!  T’was really good to be young again! Some just enjoyed watching. What a night ! It ended with see you soon, see you in fb, email me, call me, text me farewells.

Everyone seemed to be pleased to see each other.  But just one  night of catching up of three decades of being apart wasn’t enough. Almost every group went separately,  in different places, bars , restaurants , or in our case, we went to one of  our classmates’ condominium unit in Makati to cap the night with more stories and plans of more reunions. That was Saturday night , ended until the morning , lunchtime of Sunday!

I’m so glad I went to that evening of celebration of our youth and adulthood, a night of fun and surprises . And yes, it will never stop, as more batchmates and classmates are suddenly coming out to join us. Oh well, reunions and re discovering of people…really never stops, never stops adding color to what we call  Life!











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
enjoying wonderful world